It’s hard to think of a better way to experience the culture of a country than to attend a national holiday or festival. We have collected the best and most interesting events in the USA.
In this country, you can find something worthy at any time of the year and in different cities. Art, music, balloons – for all tastes!
August – September
Burning Man goes far, far beyond a normal music festival. We can say that music is an added bonus to everything else that happens at the festival. The main idea of the festival is self-expression. For 25 years the festival has been gathering dancers, artists, musicians and designers. Throughout the festival, they show their work, many of which are burned before the end of the festival. One of the features that also draws visitors to Burning Man is their gift culture, meaning no cash is exchanged at the festival. Instead, people give each other food, drinks, and other services. Burning Man is one of those festivals that requires some serious preparation. You won’t be able to just walk by and go to the festival. We advise you to read all of the frequently asked questions on the Burning Man website. As with many festivals, you need to create a profile in order to be able to purchase tickets, so be sure to do this as soon as possible.
- Drink a lot of water! Drink without waiting until you feel thirsty;
- The festival does not provide drinks and food, so it is very important that you take care of this yourself;
- Be sure to take glasses to protect your eyes from the sun, sand, and dust;
- You are dealing with fire in the truest sense of the word, so remember about safety precautions and do not bring chemical liquids to the festival;
- Take care of your own camping tent;
- Remember to take the necessary medications.
Coachella attracts visitors from all over the world, including a lot of celebrities, every year. This is a festival that some people love and others hate. Why? Because people are very often not prepared for the weather and cost. The festival is held in Indio, California, in a giant open area with no shelter from the wind, not to mention the scorching sun and dust. Stell, Coachella has become very popular. Fashion has become almost more important than the artists themselves. But preparing for a festival can be a significant investment: you will need to buy tickets, outfits, camping gear, high-value festival drinks and food. Some visitors even confess they took short-term payday loans Nashville to purchase all the necessary stuff for the festival. Loan amounts range between $100 and $1,000. Such loans have become popular because they are easy to access. Money is credited to users’ bank accounts instantly, around the clock. Borrower requirements are similar all across the USA but you can easily find them out online. For this, you can use reputable online portals like https://1stsouth.com. Here you can also apply for a loan, study lenders’ ratings and read testimonials.
- Be sure to take care of your tickets in advance;
- Don’t forget to drink water, the festival is held in an open sunny area;
- The organizers of the festival have taken care of a variety of types of accommodation from camping, where you can rent a tent to a hotel or a separate house with all the amenities;
- Do not forget to take with you sunglasses, a hat, an empty bottle (you can constantly replenish it in special fountains with drinking water), earplugs, cash, sunscreen!
January – February
The festival was originally conceived as a harmless religious holiday, an analogue of Maslenitsa. However, in New Orleans, the festival has become a big two-week celebration with dance, music and a colorful parade. During this festival, costume parties, balls and parades are held. The most interesting of them are the Bacchus parade, each platform of which is dedicated to some kind of vicious entertainment – dating, drinking, cards or something else, and the Mardi Gras Indians parade where you can see absolutely amazing costumes. On the day of Bacchus, we advise you to get up early and take good seats, as a rule, tourists begin to fill the streets 6 hours before the start!
- There are a lot of tourists coming to the festival, so book a room at a hotel in advance;
- It is convenient to find a room overlooking Bourbon Street, so you can see the parade and do not have to take up space on the street;
- Download the Parade Tracker App, this is the festival guide that will help you not get lost and be in time for all the events;
- Ask the locals for the best places to dine, the state of Louisina is known for its inextricable links to French culture, so the local cuisine is sure to be remembered for;
- Keep money as close to you as possible and you’d better not wear expensive jewelry or show expensive equipment.
$60 – visit
$280 – rental in a hot air balloon (1 hour)
Balloon fiesta is often considered “the most photographed event in the world”, this festival has been gathering about 750 teams from 50 countries every year for more than 40 years! The festival is held in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Balloon Fiesta Park. Balloons are launched both day and night using special lighting.
- Do not forget to bring your camera – you will take possibly the best pictures at the festival;
- Albuquerque has a very variable climate in October, so choose layering so you can get dressed or undressed;
- Things to take with you: sunglasses, blanket, backpack, folding chairs, lunch and water;
- The balloons are starting to take off very early, you may need to get up at three in the morning, so you will need a lot of coffee.
The lights festival
The Texas Lantern Festival is what happens when families and beloved friends gather. They enjoy live music, dances, delicious food… Each guest is provided with an air torch in case you suddenly forget to buy one. The main thing at the festival is safety. The organizers prohibit bringing in alcohol and flammable substances. In addition, each visitor signs a contract.
- Alcohol is prohibited at the festival, so you should not try to bring it with you, this is very carefully monitored for fire safety;
- For your comfort, take folding chairs, blankets, but you can rent all of this on the spot;
- Each visitor registers their ticket at the entrance and receives a bag with a flashlight, a key fob, a marker, a trash bag and a flashlight.