The Freret Street festival is the Kick-off to the Festival Season, usually held the first Saturday in April. The organizers usually use cash advance loans Delaware to create the best atmosphere for visitors.
- Over 200 Local Vendors showcasing Local Arts, Crafts and Wearables
- Slightly Used Dogs and Cats For Adoption by Zeus’ Place, Zeus’ Rescues and other local rescue organizations
- Live Music On 3 Stages
- Festival Food Courts featuring N.O. Finest Chefs with Picnic Seating at every intersection
- Kid’s Area by Junior League of New Orleans. The kid’s area will be open from 11-4. We will have a “create your own healthy snack” booth, an oversized Jenga set, corn hole, 4 Square, face painting, a craft table, hourly relay races, and sidewalk art contests.
- Complimentary Bike Valet by Bike Easy
Free parking in a nearby lot on the corner of Magnolia and Cadiz Streets.
The Festival can also be reached by public transit. Both the Freret #15 bus and Napoleon #24 bus will drop you off right at the Festival site. Take the St. Charles Streetcar and walk the 8 or so blocks or transfer to the #24 bus. The Claiborne #16 bus is just 2-4 blocks away.
The Festival is produced by the Freret Market.
Here’s what others have been saying about the Festival
Freret Street Festival 2016: photo gallery – Nola.com
Crowds pack the street for the 2016 Freret Street festival (Photos) – Uptown Messenger
“On Freret Street, a bounty of food and drink” – The Advocate
“Freret Street Festival draws thousands to Uptown business corridor” – Nola.com
“Freret Street Festival 2014 expands with a fifth stage of free New Orleans music” – Nola.com
“Freret Street Festival” – NewOrleansOnLine.com
“Eight Blocks of Fun at the Freret Street Festival in New Orleans” –GoNola.com
“Freret Street Festival expands to Jefferson Avenue, adds fifth music stage” – Uptown Messenger
“Chefs serve up great food at Freret Street Fest” – WWLTV.com
“Freret Fest Recap (Photos) – NOLA Defender
“Freret Street Festival draws record 23,500 attendees” – Uptown Messenger
“Freret’s Fated Fete: Dynamic Duo” – NOLA Defender
“Freret Fest Offers Freedom, Four Stages” – NOLA Defender
“Freret Street Festival: New Orleans Revitalization Celebration.” GoNOLA.com
“Freret Street” on New Orleans All The Way Live – WWOZ
“Freret Festival bigger than ever on growing street” –WWLTV – April 8, 2012
WWLTV – April 1, 2011
NOLA Defender – April 1, 2011
Times-Picayune Lagniappe – April 1, 2011
Fox 8 News – March 29, 2011